Bariatric News: Past Issues
The main monthly topics are listed for past issues of Group Health's Bariatric News. Newsletters offer guidance and education for persons who have had bariatric surgery for weight loss.
For the current newsletter, see Group Health Bariatric Patients.
- January: How to Make Time for Exercise
- February: Letting go of family food habits and attitudes
- March: Drinking alcohol after surgery
- January: Benefits of Healthy Choices
- February: Metabolism
- March: Dietary Guidelines and Nutrients
- April: Spring Cleaning: The Fridge, Closet, Thoughts, Relationships
- May: Making Healthy Decisions Away From Home
- June: Mind and Body Connection
- July: Stay Active and Motivated
- August: Plan Ahead for Healthy Eating
- September: How to Identify Weight-Loss Barriers
- October: Find a Routine That Works for You
- November: Measuring Success
- December: The cost of eating healthy (comparing food options)
- January: Making Difficult Changes
- February: Reading Food Labels
- March: Food Journaling 101
- April: Joy of Exercise — Really!
- May: Your Bariatric Team Members: Who Are They?
- June: Surviving Social Situations
- July: Drink Up: The Importance of Hydration
- August: Changing Lifestyle Habits
- September: Mindful Eating: Be Aware of What You Eat
- October: Start Healthy Habits Before the Holidays
- November: Using Technology to Help Manage Weight
- December: Probiotics: Importance of Good Bacteria