The Adolescent Center
The Adolescent Center provides treatment for adolescents aged 11 to 18 who are experiencing complex medical, social, academic, emotional, or behavioral issues. The Adolescent Center uses a multidisciplinary team approach in providing treatment. Families are included as integral members of the treatment program.
The Adolescent Center is staffed with a board-certified adolescent medicine physician, a child and adolescent psychologist, a consulting child and adolescent psychiatrist, pediatric and psychiatric nurse practitioners, and master level therapists.
Programs are available to both Group Health members and non-members. Patients can pay on a fee-for-service basis. Some health plans will also pay for services at The Adolescent Center. Patients are responsible for getting information about their coverage from their health plan.
Treatment specialties include:
- ADD/ADHD assessments
- Aggressive or violent behavior
- Combined medical-psychological issues
- Coping with chronic illness or pain
- Family problems
- Physical, sexual, or emotional abuse
- School problems
- Sexuality, birth control, pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, and AIDS
- Stress, depression, grief, and anxiety
- Uncertain diagnoses
- Weight, eating disorders, body image, and growth
- Medical evaluation and treatment
- Medication management
- Psychological evaluation and assessment
- Psychotherapy, both individual and family
Locations and Appointments
The Adolescent Center provides services at the following medical centers: