Group Health Provider Networks: A Wide Choice of Doctors, Hospitals, and Pharmacies
We know choice is important. That's why Group Health members have the freedom and flexibility to choose their own doctor or other provider from an extensive network of medical professionals. And there is a wide array of hospitals, pharmacies, and other health care services that are all part of your Group Health coverage.
Physicians and Facilities
Physicians and facilities available to you depend on where you live and which of our health plans you or your employer choose.
All plans (except for our Medicare PPO) offer access to care at Group Health Medical Centers facilities, with nearly 1,100 Group Health Physicians doctors and 25 locations in the Puget Sound region and Spokane.
We have thousands of contracted community providers throughout Washington state, including Bellingham, Yakima, and the Tri-Cities area.
Some of our plans also include access to doctors at:
- Virginia Mason and The Everett Clinic
- First Choice Health (our preferred regional discount provider network in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, and Alaska)
- First Health Network (our preferred national discount provider network for all other states in the United States)
Use our Provider and Facility Directory to find doctors and medical facilities that are included in your health plan and are conveniently located for you.
Depending on your location and health plan, you have access to our affiliate hospitals throughout Washington state:
- Virginia Mason and Seattle Children's in Seattle
- Overlake Hospital Medical Center in Bellevue
- Providence Regional Medical Center in Everett
- Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children's Hospital in Spokane
- St. Joseph Medical Center and Mary Bridge Children's Hospital in Tacoma
- Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia
- PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center in Bellingham
- And dozens of other community hospitals through the state
We also have special affiliations with other major health care groups and providers, to make sure you receive the best treatment and care possible.
- Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
You may have access to Group Health Cancer Care, supported by our network affiliation with Seattle Cancer Care Alliance — the region's most widely respected cancer treatment center that unites Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, UW Medicine, and Seattle Children's
- Kaiser Permanente
Group Health members (except for PPO plan members) traveling outside our service areas can receive routine care from Kaiser Permanente, where available (Kaiser Permanente operates in nine states and in Washington, D.C.)
Our network of pharmacies includes not only the 25 in our own Group Health Medical Centers clinics, but — depending on your location and health plan — many major pharmacy chains, including Rite Aid, Walgreens, Fred Meyer, Safeway, Albertsons, and Costco, as well as many local independent pharmacies. This applies to all plans except for our Medicare PPO.
Urgent and Emergency Care
Of course, Group Health covers medical emergencies worldwide. If you ever need emergency care while you're out of our coverage area, you may go to the nearest available facility.
First Choice Health and First Health Network may offer a deeper discount for urgent and emergency care, so your out-of-pocket expenses may be lower at the time of service. You are still covered if you don't get urgent or emergency care through our preferred discount providers, but your cost shares will be higher.