Member Advisory Groups
Besides voting, there are plenty of ways to get involved and have a say in how we operate, such as attending Board of Trustees meetings, and joining a Leadership Advisory Group or the Senior Caucus.
Board of Trustees Meetings
Public Board of Trustees meetings, held a few times a year, include an open microphone session where members can address the Board on all matters except those related to personal health care.
Standing Nominating Committee Chair
The Standing Nominating Committee (SNC) is responsible for recruiting and nominating Cooperative members for election to the Group Health Board of Trustees.
Leadership Advisory Groups
Leadership Advisory Groups (LAGs) are regional groups that provide feedback to Group Health administrative leaders about Group Health's products, programs, processes, and services. LAGs meet up to four times per year.
LAG members are mostly Group Health members who are insured by employer group or individual/family group plans and are still actively employed. Some LAG members are recent retirees who serve on community boards or commissions, and some LAGs have one or two members who are not Group Health members but are interested in health care issues in their communities.
There are five LAGs:
- Downtown (Seattle)
- East King County
- Pierce County
For more information, contact Governance Services at 206-448-2080, toll-free at 1-800-252-3305, ext. 12, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Senior Caucus is recognized by the Group Health Cooperative Board of Trustees as a "special interest group." It provides input to Group Health trustees, medical staff, managers, and other staff on timely topics. Caucus membership is open to all adults who receive their health care at Group Health, but it is particularly relevant to those aged 60 years and older. There are no fees or dues associated with membership.
The governing body of the Senior Caucus meets monthly:
- Executive Committee: Governs the work of the Caucus.
The two Senior Caucus standing committees meet every other month:
- Coverage and Legislation Committee: Discusses advocacy processes and legislative issues affecting health care for seniors.
- Health Care Committee: Plans and presents health care forums concerning issues related to health aging. Sponsors a spring meeting focused on a specific health topic for seniors.
Other Senior Caucus committees meet on an as-needed basis:
- Finance Committee: Partners with the Group Health Foundation to oversee the management and allocation of the Senior Caucus Endowed Fund.
- Leadership Development Committee: Supports and guides Senior Caucus leaders in reaching the goals of their committees.
- Nominating Committee: Determines the candidates for Senior Caucus officer elections.
The Senior Caucus sponsors an annual forum to meet Board of Trustees and Standing Nominating Committee chair candidates prior to the annual membership meeting. See Classes and Events for meeting announcements.
For information about the Senior Caucus, e-mail email@example.com or call 206-448-2080, ext. 13.